View Single Post
Old 2014-08-02, 01:38   Link #92
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
asking these questions with limited information, wiki knowledge, and a quick skim of the light novel up to volume 13.

am i right to say tatsuya and miyuki receive barely any character development up to the latest light novel? it seems that way to me after i skimmed through everything. tbh i just wanted to stop skimming after i came to that conclusion. they were more or less the exact same people from reading volume 1. their beliefs, morals, virtues, ethics all remained the same. basically they have no internal conflict about themselves or life at all

so what exactly is the main plot? it can't possibly be the slice of life, magic combat, double life of tatsuya. or is it? all i know is tatsuya wants to overthrow the yotsuba clan for miyuki's sake. if so, holy cow that is one slow plot progression with way too many subplots and they're still showing the politics of the world tatsuya and miyuki live in! at this point is the author even done writing about the politics? i thought we were done reading about politics until i read the 10 R&D labs in volume 13.

does tatsuya even come close to dying in any battle? i was aware he is a mary stu but not to this extent. the guy doesn't even struggle at all to win his battles.

did the web novel even progress towards the main plot at all before it became a light novel?
My question to you is : is there really a need for a character development?
If he is a criminal-borderline pervert like the MC in DxD or she is a bitch like the MH in Zero, i would scream for character development.
But when he is the ideal shounen in a shoujo manga and she is the ideal shoujo in a shounen manga, i think they are good as they are now.
"ya don't fix what aren't broken."

Regarding "plot", I would ask you this: what is the main plot of you own real life story?

As i said, people want "character development" because the characters are not to their liking and they want to change them out. I'm curious what kind of character you want Tatsuya and Miyuki become?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote