View Single Post
Old 2014-07-22, 20:44   Link #81
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Actually, I don't think you are correct, at least in terms of this episode. The self-restoration ability was shown in episode 3, while the basics for flash casting (the bypassing of the activation sequence) was described in episode 5. As long as the viewer pays attention and keeps them in mind he won't get all surprised by what happened in this episode. And if he didn't pay attention or forgot about it ... spelling it any clearer won't achieve any desired effect, unless it is shown that clearly that it robs much of the potential for development. Who wants to see a character that is basically finished at the start of the show?
Some of it's because people think Tatsuya is lying about how his magic works to Mizuki. I don't buy that belief because he's explaining magic fundamentals and trying to pass off his ability as if it's something anyone could do, rather than it being special circumstances for him. To me, that means his explanation has to make logical sense to another student, so he only explains the fundamentals of how it works while avoiding mentioning why he's able to do so.