View Single Post
Old 2014-07-22, 14:42   Link #79
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
I'm beginning to feel that the one major mistake of this adaptation is that Tatsuya's powers and limitations weren't in some way spelled out from the get-go. His powers and their limitations are all pretty well spelled out in the light novels, but whenever I read anime-only threads it seems a lot of people seem to feel the author's inventing powers for him on the fly so he always on top. I know that's absolutely not the case, but I can see how someone who is only watching the anime may get that impression by the way Tatsuya's abilities go unmentioned in the anime until he needs to use them.
I wonder if that is something that might work better in the Out of Order game. Perhaps there, you could have a separate set of menus featuring the playable characters and describing their respective capabilities, so as not to clog up too much space in the story dialogue with repeating the same information.

But, we'll have to see what Bamco have planned for that game in this regard.

(At least the anime has those short YouTube clips providing a certain degree of background information, brief though they may be.)