View Single Post
Old 2014-07-02, 06:18   Link #40
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
I think at the bottom of your post is where you bring up the best point. How should we determine the strongest students? If we go by Magic power/talent then Tatsuya definitely wouldn't be first, and at least half the student population is stronger than Leo and Erika, who are rated so highly because we see them with Tatsuya. If its strictly based on fighting abilities, then you would probably want to include people like kirihara and maybe even mibu on the list (her sword skill may not be at Erika's level, but there's probably not another student left who's better then her now).
Yes, MP doesn't translate necessarily to combat power, isn't Tatsuya the best proof of that?

I thought about Mibu too, she is stronger than Honoka for sure. For me it's like that:

1-Your genetics, obviously.
2-Your affinities( may be talented but not fit for combat, like Honoka and Ayako, though Ayako should be superior to most magicians less talented than her in combat)
3-Physical abilities, weaponry, martial arts, training and other factors not considered to rate the MP(ESP, superpowers ancient magic).

Leo is one of the best examples, he is a tank and Erika thought he might be able to beat Hanzo or Kiirihara with a good weapon, though I am convinced he is stronger than Kirihara I don't think he is close to Hanzo's level.

I don't think even Tatsuya can beat him at CQC without using his specialized magics.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote