View Single Post
Old 2014-05-31, 21:21   Link #99
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

The point I was trying to make: The detractors are getting tedious in their repetitiveness. If someone has a problem with a seemingly OP character, it's fine to say so. Once, twice, maybe even three times. After 9 repetitions, it's getting tiresome, but it's evident that at least some people seem perfectly capable to write about it till episode 26. It's as insightful and productive as complaining in each episode that Ippo is so durable or Sousuke is so militaristic. In other words: Not at all. This is what defines these characters, this is what they are. So I'd say: Accept it, live with it and go from there or don't accept it and drop it.
Some antagonists were considered very OP, such as that guy who enjoyed trolling others in a different manga series, but even he is not the final boss even though many readers expects him to be given how powerful he's shown to be, but due to plot someone even more powerful appears later on. So it seems more of a criticism of the plot to me than criticism of the character.

And if it's a plot criticism, then one may voice their disappointment each arc if every new arc doesn't meet their expectations.
"omg is it going to be another rescue arc ???" "omg is a major character going to die every arc ????" "is the MC going to win every arc ???"
"are the bad guys going to be a joke all the way til the end ????"
Well, ok I guess that's still pretty grueling if someone really does it after every arc ...

Last edited by maplehurry; 2014-05-31 at 22:11.