View Single Post
Old 2014-05-31, 18:43   Link #82
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm just saying. If people don't like Tatsuya's genius, learning he's got a flunky to do the tedious legwork of R&D is going to change squat.
In my experience, if people decide to hate on a character, it is the complete exception if even the best, reasonable explanations would move them. They will rather diss on him regardless.

Quote:
And please don't pretend that "capable" is anywhere close to adequate to describe Tatsuya. If nothing else, it doesn't have to be either invincible genius or good-for-nothing moron. There's a whole spectrum between the two.
Please. The people who try to push him to the ultimate extremes are generally his haters, not his fans. Tatsuya has several areas where he is exceptionally capable (genius-level, since you seem to insist on this description), several others where he is less than capable (dealing with other people), and some areas which are literally missing (emotions). So what? Why is this something that he or anyone else liking this LN would have to defend?

Quote:
For myself... I can live with it, but it'd certainly be easier to swallow if "genius" was his day job. Instead of something he does the way I post in anime forums...
The point I was trying to make: The detractors are getting tedious in their repetitiveness. If someone has a problem with a seemingly OP character, it's fine to say so. Once, twice, maybe even three times. After 9 repetitions, it's getting tiresome, but it's evident that at least some people seem perfectly capable to write about it till episode 26. It's as insightful and productive as complaining in each episode that Ippo is so durable or Sousuke is so militaristic. In other words: Not at all. This is what defines these characters, this is what they are. So I'd say: Accept it, live with it and go from there or don't accept it and drop it.