View Single Post
Old 2014-05-23, 16:24   Link #77
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
^ Personally, while I could see Koichi trying to do that ... I doubt that he is going to be successful in that attempt.

It's not because Mayumi is from the Saegusa clan, but rather due to Tatsuya's status within the Yotsuba ... which still contains some mysteries, in my opinion at least.

Basically, I think that any request to marry Tatsuya to some other clans, is going to be denied by the Yotsuba and since I don't think that Koichi has any trump cards that could convince them to change their decision (at least nothing like that has been revealed so far) ... I don't think that a tactic like that would be a particularly successful one...
My thoughts. The Yotsuba deny Tatsuya at every turn. They don't even acknowledge him as part of their family. If the Saegusa were to give Tatsuya good enough terms (for example full support in his research, protecting Miyuki, etc...) Tatsuya could do whatever he wants even if he doesn't ever regain the ability to romantically love someone. The Saegusa have research from 2 of the magic research labs which is something that would be quite valuable to Tatsuya.