View Single Post
Old 2014-05-23, 00:31   Link #67
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I know, but those authors actually know how to gauge their desired character's power instead of giving a minmaxed lineup of skills on a single character.

Oh, and "interest" is an objective term. Right now, as someone who had encountered several characters based on gods, Tatsuya is someone that I find distasteful. I feel that the author is unable to give this gentleman a true fight.
Because Shiva had all those skills! Decomposition, Regrowth, Elemental Sight--Shiva has them. Shiva is the freaking Mahadev--God of Gods--the Supreme Being, it wouldn't make sense for a character based on him not to be incredibly powerful. Also, I meant "interesting" as peculiar or quirky or novel. It's just interesting to imagine Shiva as a Japanese highschool student and imagine his wife turned into his younger sister who adores him so.

And then there's the politics. It's the politics that often get to Tatsuya and the reason why a being like him, a virtual god of death and war, can be controlled by weaker beings.

(Also, as far as I know the only one to have been able to beat Shiva in a fight was his own son. Make of that what you will.)
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote