View Single Post
Old 2014-05-23, 00:24   Link #66
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I don't like Tatsuya and how the story tries to place him in. There's his overpowered skillset, his status as one of the most powerful mages around, and the fact that he is still flawed even at his current state. Not to mention that his fights weren't really risky (his supposed secrets not included) or not totally decisive.

The Shiva connection also feels contrived in a world where magic is handled using the approaches of science.
Tatsuya isn't the only overpowered character and he tends to be overrated by his fans. Of course if he faces characters who are not of this level he would wreck them. I have certainly mentioned it before but Miyuki is overpowered too, it's just that the story is more focused on Tatsuya. His flaw is actually the reason why he is overpowered, it's not as if anyone can be perfect in all areas of magic. Tatsuya had risky fights(fights where is life is threatened) in the Visitor arc. He got a difficult fight in Monolith but that's just a game. It's not even as if people were reading the series just for him.

I can see the Shiva connection but I think Lucarion is reading too much in it. Still, I don't see why it is bad to base a character on another fictional one. Everybody do this, there is a little connection between Miyuki and Shakti too.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote