View Single Post
Old 2014-05-22, 21:39   Link #55
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
They view the series as your generic action highschool shounen story and their whole idea of "struggle" is all about whether or not the main character had a tough time with their opponent. (Something I personally dislike if I know the character is more powerful than that and could probably end the fight in no time if he cut back on bullshit. Never make the fight harder or longer than it has to be. Which is why Tatsuya is such a breath of fresh air since he embraces the fact that he's stronger than most people battlewise)
Well, I do hate that kind of "weakness" (if you can actually call that weakness), particularly because incompetent authors can screw up the story by focusing more on an invisible restraint on the character and that character's helplessness to overcome that (and the angst ANGST ANGST that follows), rather than the potential of that person to overcome anything if he actually tried.

And thus we've reached an impasse.

It's too bad that this world is interesting given certain events happen in a different path than what happens in the light novels right now, and the main character actually ends up becoming the wall that hinders my enjoyment of the series. Well, at least it's no Hidan no Aria. Man, that was shit.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote