View Single Post
Old 2014-05-21, 17:02   Link #47
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Yeah. And thanks to what you said, I think I'm going to allow myself to be a little presumptuous and say this is what Mahouka is really all about as a whole--a reimagining of the Shiva legends in a magitek setting with some Romance of the Three Kingdoms-style plotting and scheming in the background.

I mean come on, how much more obvious are the comparisons going to get? Every volume we keep finding more stuff to reinforce the connection. Mahadev, Nataraj, Mahesvara, Daikokuten, and Mahakala--all of them have been incorporated into Tatsuya's character in some way. Then there's the Ushiyama-Nandi parallel, the Tatsurou-Daksha parallel, and then, of course, there's Miyuki's heavy Parvati parallels.

And if we get a Tatsuya vs. Maya showdown at some point in the future that just adds a nice little cherry on top of everything.
Then I'd like to suggest that the many infiltrations and almost-invasions of Japan reflect the way Hindu gods were apparently almost constantly being attacked and invaded until something happened to rouse Shiva from his indifference and get him to leave whatever mountain retreat he had absconded to at the time

For the Maya shodown, is that a specific reference or just a general wish?
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote