View Single Post
Old 2014-05-19, 07:02   Link #65
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
You do realize I'm in the NT 10 thread? I'm confused, sid you temporarily forget who I am... or did you not notice what I was saying? I'm one of the few people on this forum that really like Mikoto as a character... I'm talking about whether or not when she was originally created in volume 1, before the sisters arc even happened if she would have been important enough to associate with Nuit... (darn kill la kill keeps on making me want to say Nui instead )

I mean sure characters could have been changed around later, and yes, Mikoto may have had a deeper signifcance later as the series got popular. But IB was likely planned out since volume 2 or since volume 1 because Volume 2 was written so quickly after Kamachi was told to write it... (17 days). She's my second favorite character in this series behind the main heroes who are tied at one for me, but I honestly see that a lot of her character depth was originally created because of her immense popularity.

Think about it: when Kamachi was going to write his first spin-off manga it was actually going to be about Kuroko and not Mikoto, but Miki suggested he do it about Mikoto instead since she was popular, and it was going to have Kuroko as much more of a leader and rational/not completely insane person; like she was in her Index appearances as well as the second to last Railgun chapter.

Mikoto wasn't going to be that big at first, though the clones and especially Accelerator, Touma, and Index did. It all changed a bit later... I was just pointing out that I see no connection between Mikoto and Nuit and don't understand the plausability of such a rumor. Why would people even think it is true? There are a lot of things she could really be, but why that?
... uh yeah, I know I was just trying to answer your question, by pointing out a few things.

I personally think that it was planned out to some extent but as the series got more popular he made changes (you can see this in the quality of the volumes as you keep on reading), also if he was only planning to make the first 2 volumes I find it more believable that many of the characters introduced were on the same predicament.

Now I think he planned it out because of the sisters, how was he supposed to go into such depth with them without the donor herself? What kind of characterization could he have given them if they had never met Mikoto? How would Sisters arc work without Mikoto? Now about her being Nuit, it had to have been planned considering what the clones are needed for in Alisters plan, I've always thought that there is a more complicated connection with the sisters and this only reinforces that.