View Single Post
Old 2014-05-18, 06:58   Link #34
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
@Encia although Tatsuya didn't directly refuse you've got the conversation backwards. That and Katsuto doesn't refer to Mayumi as "President Saegusa".
Besides, Tatsuya isn't interested in being part of the 10MC, nor does he want/need any respect from the Yotsuba...
Katsuto is already in the "Ten Families" i.e. "Ten Master Clans must be the strongest Magicians in the country". Katsuto has spoken to Mayumi about 10MC's meeting results i.e. attempting to monopolize Japan's magical power within the 10MC.

Katsuto is giving Tatsuya some options to join the "Ten Master Clans".

Quote:
......From the looks of things, Katsuto meant the latter.

Katsuto: "Shiba, are you from the Ten Families?"

Tatsuya: "No. I'm not."

Katsuto: "Then, as discussed in a family meeting, here's my advice to you as the vice representative of the Juumonji house. Shiba, you should join the Ten Families."

Katsuto: "Hm......how about the Saegusa?"

Tatsuya: "......in regards to being President Saegusa's partner, was Chairman Juumonji's name not considered as well?"

Katsuto: "That was certainly brought up too."

Tatsuya: "......is President Saegusa not your type?"

Katsuto "No? Well Saegusa does have, cute charms, in her own way."

Tatsuya could no longer find a reply.
I didn't state Tatsuya was seeking respect from Yotsuba which is different to Yotsuba clan was giving some respect to Tatsuya. Besides, Yotsuba clan already allocated a new guardian for Miyuki.

Tatsuya's being "interested as part of 10MC" is a bit pointless since Tatsuya is already "part" of Yotsuba clan i.e. 10MC doesn't know Mr No-name's background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
There's gonna be something going with the yotsuba and saegusa families that much was hinted in last few volumes. But we have to see what will go down between them.
An arranged marriage is a possibility as a result of the future entanglement between the 2 clans. until we see what will happen between the clans its hard to say what the end result will be, for all we know nothing will happen or could be a full scale war between them.

Tatsuya doesn't really care about the yotsuba or what they think of him that more miyukis problem with the yotsuba and the rest of the world. As for mayumi eing at odds with the clan is more like she disagrees with her father's actions.
"Tatsuya doesn't really care about the Yotsuba" is different to "Yotsuba clan was giving some respect to Tatsuya".

Head Saegusa's behind the scenes work aims to weaken Yotsuba clan via opportunistic proxy war. Anyone for "Romeo and Juliet" or Titanic's "Jack Dawson (Mr No-Name) and Rose DeWitt Bukater" type scenario?

We do have sections in the novels which has Mayumi is thinking about Tatsuya and her feelings without a "significant other" when compared to other couples in the University.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
If Katsuto was removing himself as an option, then he would not have asked Mayumi about the possibility of deepening their relationship during the parasite arc. Besides shortly after Mayumi, he offered to ship him with either of her little sisters. I'm sure this situation wasn't a completely well thought out one but pretty spur of the moment.
Mayumi didn't directly answer Katsuto's question, hence some doubt from Katsuto's point of view on his relationship progression with Mayumi i.e. if Katsuto "wants" Mayumi, then he should not give Tatsuya the Mayumi option (during Nine Schools Competition Chapter II time period).

In the library scene, Mayumi and Tatsuya is getting too close.

Vol12/C10 time period has
Quote:
"Mayumi, on whose behalf are you so angry for?"
"Eh……?"

Although this was a spur of the moment question, it had delivered a surprisingly telling blow against Mayumi.

"Is this for Katsuto-kun? Or is it for someone among your underclassmen at First High?"

"I didn’t……."

Even Kudou Retsu’s name was not enough to cower Mayumi, and yet, here she was, wavering to the point that she trembled with terror.
Koichi Saegusa already knows Mayumi's links with Katsuto or a certain underclassmen at First High. Atm, the "relationship fence off" haven't occurred, but the library scene between Mayumi and Tatsuya is getting close for "first base" i.e. the classic "first base library scene".

Last edited by encia; 2014-05-18 at 09:34.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote