View Single Post
Old 2014-05-03, 09:27   Link #99
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Seriously? Is that how people interpret Tatsuya's speech at the end of ep 4??? WTH???
That's just a figure of speech when he try to point out that he had no right in judging "equality", becuhe's special and that's why he can't really disagree or agree with either side
In other words, what he is trying to convey is that nothing is truly right or wrong, especially in this case
Seriously......
I feel kind of weird about the post, just because having read the novel's it feels very premature.

The strong elitism tones of the enrollment arc, kind of fade after the enrollment arc. After the enrollment arc, it becomes more of an undertone of the series instead of a main stage thing. The Bloom vs. Weed thing doesn't make a huge jump to the forefront again until double 7. I feel like, in the first place it was sort of an introduction to the elitism existing in the classes of the 100 families and the 10 master clans.

I sort of agree with his post though, in a very specific sense. Mahouka is very political, and it becomes more political. If you don't like anything political than the series clearly is just not for you.

I just think the post is very premature, because as far as "Mahouka Politics" The "Bloom vs Weed" aspect of it becomes one of the lesser important issues, when compared to Yotsuba vs. Saegusa/Kudou, Magicians vs. Public opinion, Military vs. Public opinion, Japan vs. GAA, Yotsuba vs. Dahan affiliates.

Did I miss one? I feel like I missed one. Yotsuba vs. USNA? Japanese Magician coalition vs. Parasites/USNA?

Anyways, the reddit post isn't dumb, but it is very premature. But Mahouka probably isn't for everyone, if you don't like political series or series with an MC like Tatsuya then you won't like it. I'm inherently different from those people, Tatsuya is what sold me on this series to start with, and the deeper machinations of it convinced me to stay.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote