View Single Post
Old 2014-04-25, 01:43   Link #76
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Guest2: Sure, it's not a video game, but it simulates the slow natural recovery rate of the human body. That's the reason why we can't do a lot of things at the same time without getting tired. All this technology catering the efficiency of psion usage seemed excessively convenient, and I personally wanted psions to be used intelligently even by high-level characters.
When I said it wasn't a video game, I meant that mages are not out in a field or dungeon hunting monsters for hours and days and then have to return home every now and then to rest and replenish their lost hp and mp without using items.

Being a magic technician is a job like any other. They go to work everyday, have breaks like any job, stop or get scolded if they are careless and do too much, and go back home to rest. If you read the novel, you know that magicians get exhausted like in any other activity, especially so with sustained magics.

And technology is all about making labour excessively convenient for the masses. Its the difference between living in the medieval ages and the present. It should make perfect sense for it to be the same for magic technology.

Also the novel elaborately covers psion limits of magicians and techniques used to prevent exhaustion in V3c2. But anytime we refer the relevant sections, you seem to have trouble reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
The CAD only reduces the psion consumption for creating activation sequences, the less psions are used the faster the activation sequence can be constructed. But the cad does not reduce the consumption of psions for the actual spell construction.
I said advanced technology, this includes advanced techniques, advanced software, improvements in activation sequences and improved CADs. And in V3c2, it does confirm that these combined technologies reduce the consumption of psions for the actual spell construction, which includes the construction of the activation sequence - the main part of the spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Aoe decomposition is a spell he has that acts like a defensive spell, similar with wide area interference or data fortification.
Was first mentioned in LN in volume 12 ch 1 when it was said he used this to defend against magic and bullets,cannon shells etc during the battle of okinawa.I wish the author will mention more about this spell on how it works and what exactly is used for.......
You are a bit mistaken here. Firstly, Tatsuya explained in V12c1 he did not know how to use AOE defensive decomposition yet 3 years before in Okinawa. This was the reason stated in V8c16 why Honami went to help him. Because she noticed he had to individually identify each attacking object first and was pushed to his limits just disabling the enemy attacks.

Secondly, he was referring to protecting himself from the naval bombardment that Honami protected him from. It is not similar to wide area interference or data fortification. Barrier-type magic would be what it would be like, similar to the Speed type magic that was used by 9th High in V4c13. Instead of reducing speed, Mist Dispersion would take effect.
Spoiler for Quote:

Thirdly, we have seen Tatsuya already uses 2 versions of small AOE Decomposition for offense. The first is a pinhole sized, linear-version of AOE Mist Dispersion seen first in v2 and the 2nd is a Mist Dispersion coating on his hands to give them a magical 'knife edge'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
@ IceHism
I don t know what is the diference in the spell to decompose when he decomposes diferent materials. I just read the mangas recently and as when he ko's hattori they say he couldn t have used loop cast to create the compound waves because he needed to use the spell with diferent activation sequences unless he did something even more complex (wich he did) i kind of thought diferent materials equals slighty dif activation sequences.
He did use loop cast to create the basic spell for each wave, He only had to pull the trigger once to create one loop-able activation sequence, then he inputs each separate set of variables for each single wave in his mind which subconsciously produces the final triple compound psion spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
@SoboSobo
Cold and heat is associated with the internal velocity of the atoms, he can t destroy atoms so he can t stop the cold or heat.
Tatsuya decomposes structures to their base element ions, molecules or atoms. Actual destruction of an atom or further decomposition leads to a nuclear-like explosion I believe.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote