View Single Post
Old 2014-04-23, 19:27   Link #51
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But that's not how magic works! Where's the balance in that if magicians can just spam whatever's in their arsenal? Or is this possible because of that parallel dimension?
The way it's described, your body isn't producing the Psions/MP for use but absorbing it from the environment, IIRC (I might be off on this since I don't remember the section it's from and am a little time crunched ATM). However, other than outliers like Tatsuya, most people have a low MP count. With CADs though, it's just as bottomless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Basically, the restraints present in using magic is the time it takes to cast one spell and the psions needed to cast the spell. Aside from that, magicians can cast anything as long as their CADs can keep up and they know what they are casting.
Yep.

Witness the Air bullet spam (and Gram Demolition counter spam) in the Nine Schools Competition. MP's a non-factor in the series unless you're using something stupidly expensive in cost (like Gram Demolition).

Stuff like getting exhausted from using too much magic can occur, but so far it's just a plot device.

Edit: There are possible limits, but that hasn't really been explicit.

For example, it's possible that you can only use up to a certain amount of your Magical Strength stat in a turn, so if you are planning on firing more than that limit, you have to make them all weaker. But we know that all spells coming from the same person have the same complexity because of the mention of the higher quality of Masaki's spells leading to a higher difficulty to blast apart with Gram Demolition compared to the magic of the other rabble.

I do know that they have mentioned targeting limits per spell however, like Tatsuya having something in the 30s for what was either Mist Dispersal or his Far Strike, I think, and Miyuki having something in the 10s for Freeze Flame per Freeze Flame casting. There's nothing else to allow us to credibly say that it extends to everything else they can cast though.

Last edited by Rava; 2014-04-23 at 19:48.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote