View Single Post
Old 2014-04-23, 13:42   Link #47
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ same got a headache too, on how I can make a simplied explanation on the magic of mahouka, only the author/mahouka fanatic can only answer/explain it
The detailed magic explanations is one of the things that makes this novel interesting for me. I feel that making it more simpler is such a waste but lets try and cover the basics.

- In this novel Magic is now a field of science, where 'Super Powers' are studied and made into technology that everyone can use.

- Insubstantial particles used for magic exist all around, and a person must have a certain level of innate talent for manipulating and gathering these special magic particles of this world. Those capable can go onto to study this field of science and can train to one day become, Magic Technician(Magicians).

- The current main system of magic - Modern magic - uses electronic tools that store magic spells as data and have systems that can enhance the speed and making of magic spells, which happens much liking compiling computer software. These devices can be made portable and come in different shapes, like cellular phones or guns. They must be individually tailored to each magic technician's magical bio-readings. Magic technician's who specialize in creating software and equipment for magic, including their maintenance, are called Magic Engineers.

- The process by which magic works starts by the Magic Technician choosing a spell on their device. They then feed gathered magic particles into their device to be processed/compiled into an impotent spell blueprint, which they must reabsorb. Their subconscious then takes the intent in their imagination and the spell blueprint to further produce a working magic spell.

-In this novel there exists a parallel dimension used for magic. This dimension perfectly reflects the entire real world as just information data, and is composed entirely of magic particles. Magic spells work by altering the information held in this parallel dimension, and then the laws of this novel has reality alter itself to match the updated parallel data. Changes to the information held in the parallel dimension causes changes to occur in reality, as if by ..... Magic.

As simple as I can personally force myself to make it.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote