View Single Post
Old 2014-04-22, 02:15   Link #32
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
man that was an exact passage from the Light Novel. Look it up its not like i just left out words or something i`m just making my opinion based on that.

The word "as a whole" might be a little off for the description i was trying to say.
I`ll try another explanation, a normal magicians can identify the eidos of a car for example as a car. tatsuyas ES can identify every piece in that car individually. You are right if he wants to decompose the whole car is one thing but if he wants to decompose only a precise part of the car then he needs the ES to identify that very specific edios for decomposition.

His elemental sight is not something he can turn off and on like a switch. His ES is always working to some degree that's why it is said he always has an "eye" on miyuki because his ES always tracks miuyki's edios and the eidos around her.
To say he doesn`t need ES for decomposition, we don't know because since ES is active in some form all the time we haven`t seen him use decomposition without it.
Also ES can be expanded to the point of entering link space by using his conscious mind but that form of ES he doesn`t use for combat seems more like an information gathering tool

yes ES is a default option for him.
[...]
All your quoted section means is that Tatsuya's sensory abilities are so strong that he doesn't need his standard senses to help reinforce which Eidos is which.

It's essentially the excuse for why he can still track an Eidos that left his field of vision.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote