View Single Post
Old 2014-04-18, 05:34   Link #71
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Future speculation:
Tatsuya will join Rozen magecraft so they can help build a better world for magicians. Then few years later Tatsuya will marry to the Rozen.
not happening, for once he is an yotsuba and yotsuba have the FLT company that servers his purposes as taurus silver. He can do whatever research he wants there without no one interfering, not maya, not his father, no one.
Why would he change to rosen? The FLT saves his purpose very fine. You know his invention benefit the yotsuba as well, maya will not let him go to rozen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
This is kind of a nitpick, but nowhere is it stated that Tatsuya was made a Guardian at a young age as a way to keep him within the clan. That's just what Miyuki assumes in volume 8 since she can't imagine that so young a child would be competent enough to protect someone and, presumably, because she wants to believe the best of her family. As for never manifesting Regrowth and Decomposition before Okinawa, I seriously doubt it. Miya stated that he was born with those abilities and is in no way surprised when he decomposes those underwater missiles, indicating that she already knew of those abilities. Besides, I'd imagine that having Regrowth was one of the reasons he managed to survive his training. Turning matter into energy and healing other people might have been a first, but even then I'm not sure since again, Miya seems remarkably unsurprised by those abilities of Tatsuya's. (Of course, she could have just been putting on her best poker face.)

Tatsuya's practical skills in any type of magic that he can actually use in public are poor. Really poor. Unless the school changes the way it evaluates magic ability, he will never be a course 1 student because his combined theory/practical score will always be below the cut-off point for course 1. Mikihiko on the other hand is a talented practitioner of Ancient Magic with excellent theoretical knowledge, so now that he has overcome the psychological block that held once held him back, it's really not surprising that he made it into course 1. Sure, of the two Tatsuya is the guy who can demolish pretty much anyone in a fight, but the school doesn't grade combat ability.
at first part, i didn't say the reason why he become a guardian was that, was just saying what miyuki deduced from the whole affair. And yes the first time he used regrowth, at least on another person was when he saved miyuki. Miya maybe knew about his abilities but i doubt anyone else knew maybe except for maya.

As for the second part, what possible motive could the school have to create a whole new curriculum just for tatsuya. From a magic stand point he was still a course 2 student, his intelligence has nothing to do with magic and since this was a magic high school and magic was the most important thing i don't see the reasoning of creating a whole new curriculum just for 1 student.

And as a school that doesn't grade combat ability they sure use that combat ability to gain recognition as the best magic high school, kinda ironic if you as me.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-18 at 05:47.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote