View Single Post
Old 2014-04-15, 07:36   Link #73
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
^I agree, I don't see how they could be antagonists.

-Tatsuya can beat Maya but he can't beat the Yotsuba.
-He will only revolt if they are against Miyuki is the favorite in the clan.
-Miyuki planned to be the head thanks to her education, she is just more motivated because of Tatsuya's situation.
-Tatsuya is the only one who has bad relations with most of the members and it's like that since the beginning.
-He still cooperate with Maya and obey to orders as long as he can be Miyuki's guardian.

Even Koichi isn't a bad person. He wants to surpass his rivals, just like everyone but his methods are extreme.

The only "true" antagonists ATM are Zhou and the GAA mafia.
i agree with most of this.
Yes miyuki was educated in the becoming the head of the clan and her motives are obvious as the sun in the sky, her motives being changing the way her brother is treated.
Side note besides Maya, Hayama and very few members of the clan, the rest of the clan has no idea how powerful tatsuya really is hence why other members view him the way they do.
maya is stated to be the strongest magician in the yotsuba clan, in lamest terms hse can kick the other members asses and tatsuya can beat her in a magic battle.
The reason he doesn`t go against them is not he can't take them on but to wage a war against the clan will put miyuki in danger.
So far he only obeys maya's orders that are related to miyuki's safety, i don`t think tatsuya being her guardian is really that dependent of the fact that he has to obey her orders more likely on the fact if hes not his guardian they are in deep shit.
Remember when maya told them that minami its in training to replace tatsuya as guardian miyuki was one step away from unleashing a blizzard , tatsuya stopped her.
And maya knows if she tries to separate those two all hell will break lose in a catastrophic sense.She managed to put minami as a guardian but without removing tatsuya , even though miyuki was unhappy with the arrangement she didn`t protested because she has bigger goals in mind and a confrontation with maya at this point will not server in achieving those goals.
I think on some level miyuki understands that mays already chose her as the heir because maya fears that both the sibling would turn on the clan otherwise. Dealing with tatsuya alone will be insanely difficult but adding miyuki, which its not some push over magician, to the mix will make things even more impossible. Not to mention an internal strife in the clan will make room for others to take action against the clan as well.

Besides if the yotsuba would try to eliminate tatsuya the JSDF would not stay quiet, since the majority of the country was formed of non-magic humans so was the military. And from a military point of view a strategic magicians was far more valuable then a few powerful magicians considering the yotsuba was not the only strong magic clan in japan.Even from a governmental point of view a strategic magician was far more valuable then a magic clan. Especially when tatsuya was far more powerful and useful then Itsuwa Mio who is pretty much stuck in a wheel chair.
off topic i really hope that in the next volumes we could see some change in tatsuyas status, either by revealing that his a strategic mage in order for the clan to secure its place among the ten master clans and by doing this its bount his status will change, either by raising his status in the clan in order to secure his help in fending off the Ten Master clans families that are plotting against the yotsuba. i see so many way to spin this part of the story but i guess this remains at the author latitude.I mean with the ten master clans selection coming in a year (storyline time off course) there's bound for change to happen in this part of the story. Opinions and ideas for this idea are welcomed

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-15 at 08:24.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote