View Single Post
Old 2014-04-14, 11:18   Link #68
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaultec View Post
Im not sure if this question belongs here, but I was wondering what exactly is Tatsuya's motive? Why is he still attending high school and taking orders from the Yotsuba family? I understand that Tatsuya has the guardian role, but that doesnt really explain why he follows the Yotsuba family's instructions, considering how his sister dislikes the family? Also what exactly is the main antagonist in the series? Is it the ten families, Yotsuba, or something else?
I believe miyuki's wish is to see her brother get the credit and the respect he deserves hence why i`m pretty sure if she becomes the head of the family will release her brother from the guardian duty and take his place as a real magician in the clan.
miyuki is not one of the candidates she is the heir,even if its not official, the only thing that holds miyuki from openly opposing the clan is that fact. And guess what if miyuki goes against the clan so is her brother and as stated by maya herself that will be the end of the clan, since there's no one in the clan that can actually do anything about it hence why maya already made her choice about the next heir she just didn't make it official. i believe the quote was a long the lines
" Its the only way to keep the monster from turning on us".

As for tatsuya wish, he tries to make the world a better place for magicians. Its said in LN that most of the top tier magicians would end up in the military one form or another and miyuki is part of that top tier.
When i say making a better world on magicians i don't mean changing the world more along the lines of making the world more dependent on magic, hence his research in the gravity fusion reactor, flight magic and that relic that has the ability to store magic sequences, if he cracks that he will allow normal people to use magic, thus integrating magic even more in society and as a result magicians will not only be needed as weapons in war but also for day to day activity, Hence removing the status of weapons only from magicians.

As for him still taking orders from yatsuba, from what i have read so far he only obeys those orders that are related to miyuki safety.
In volume 11 the clan orders him to turn the 3H robot to the clan and he ignores that, even his aunt didn't had much to protest about that. He ignores the no flash casting order as well in the 9SC arc, and several times after that etc.His more inclined to listen to the military then the clans orders.

As for the main antagonist we still have no idea, as said LN is still on going as of the last arc its the Anti-Magic and The sage that runs it but i suspect the motives behind the sage are not to eliminate magic from the world but something else.
As for maya and yotsuba clan, don`t know about the clan but i get the impression that maya is not actually tatsuya enemy but we shall see as the story goes on.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote