View Single Post
Old 2014-04-14, 08:31   Link #64
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Surely it depends but I don't see why you'd think Haruka can do more, maybe she has other variety of cloaking but that's everything I can imagine. Tatsuya can only do 2 things

Spoiler for Quote from V08:

He created varied techniques but they are still essentially Decompostion or Reconstruction.

DF and ZI are common counter magics but it doesn't mean everyone use them, some magicians have their specialized counter magics.

Using IS and ZI are completely different things. ZI creates a fixed area where magic is nullified and there is pure interference strength, like during the clash between Miyuki and Lina in V9, here Lina could do nothing, that was Miyuki's full and pure IS. Masaki for example used a large wave of IS to erase the phantoms, that's not ZI.

So far, Miyuki is portrayed as the magician with the strongest IS and her ZI is one of the best in the world. Miyuki's ZI nullifies all magic attacks but hers, meaning that she doesn't use her full IS, otherwise she wouldn't be able to use other magics. If she uses it a full power, it would truly become a zone without any magic.

So, there is a minimum, a minimum of IS you must be able to provide and then struggle hard to maintain it within her ZI and that level is not obligatorily A class since even Tatsuya can do it, if you can't struggle then it's over for you. Tatsuya honed his skills to perfection, he sure is skilled at using his IS, it is not powerful but as he proved against Tomitsuka, he is skilled at acceleration magic too even if it is C-class unlike.

He can struggle to maintain his magic for sure. But of course if he wanted he could have destroyed her zone with Gram spells .
true that every magician has his own counter magic, that's a logical fact if everyone used same counter magic it will be to easy to plan against them.
And yes miyuki is shown to have the strongest ZI so far no question about it.
As for her fight to lina it only shows that miyuki was more powerful then lina since myuki was able to cast an a rank spell and cast ZI at same time to prevent linas magic the same was for lina since she also had a A-rank spell and counter magic(i think lina was good with Data fortification) at same time this shows that miyuki had more power since she was able to control the power of the spell and still maintain a ZI that blocked linas spell and was slowly wining over lina's defences.
But when we talk about tatsuya IS power i think its same to assume u can split that in 2 parts(when tatsuya was born he had decomposition and regrowth? but no ability to use general magic, general magic was given to him by a surgery that implanted an artificial magic center in his brain giving him limited access to normal spell).Its true that while using normal spells his IS is only c-rank but his decomposition IS its probably even more powerful then normal a-rank magicians.
Since his decomposition can just remove ZI (that includes miyuki ZI)without any sort of difficulty that only attest that his innate magic had far more IS then normal magicians.

I`m gonna try to put this in an other context.we know that reality has an identical image in information dimension(eidos) where everything is like data.Magicians through IS are able to alter that data to create and desired effect also known as a spell.The more u are able to alter that data the more powerful the spell and more complex hence why IS is important to judge magic power.
Now let assign some number to this. lets say eidos in his normal state has a value of 10.
in order to alter that u need to apply a IS that;s greater than 10 to begin to change the eidos to whatever result the magician wants.The higher the the IS number the more changes can occur.
In case of ZI is a spell that has the caster at its center like a circle and the spell sequence its at the center with the interference emanating outwards. The zi will put out IS lets say in the numbers of 100 so in order for an enemy spell to work inside the ZI area it needs the IS to be greater then 100.
Thats the same for tatsuya in order for his gram dispersion to reach the magic sequence it needs to cut through the ZI interference zone. Hence why i stated that his IS while using decomposition is far greater then one can put through a ZI.
His gram dispersion doesn't simply bypasses the defenses but instead cut through in order to decompose the magic sequence and thus totally eliminating the defense.
In case of DF the process is different unlike ZI who creates a aoe effect DF actually augments the eidos to stop the enemy spell from altering it. Just like above if a magician augments his information body in eidos to lets say 100 , the spell needs to have a higher IS number to modify that information body(aka the spell to have effect).
I hope this rudimentary explanation makes sense
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote