View Single Post
Old 2014-04-13, 13:52   Link #59
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
What i mean is although BS magicians have a limited array of spells for offense (being specialized in one type of magic or more) that does not mean their defense is weak simply because they can`t use ZI and DF(I know Tatsuya ZI and DF is weak but i didn`t read anywhere that this is a rule for all BS magicians).
We don`t know enough about counter magic and about BS as well. Could be that other BS magicians have other spells for defense and even more powerful counter magics.
Of course we are talking in an ideal situation, On a real battlefield this whole situation changes.
You are misunderstanding one thing, BS magicians haven't a limited array of spells, they have only one spell, so their options for CM are really, really limited, it's true that we don;t know enough about BS magicians though. Also Tatsuya doesn't know ZI or DF, it would be a waste of time to learn this anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Phalanx is, in itself, just a spell, but Juumonji 's aren't born with it like Miyuki was born with Cocytus. It's not an innate magic. Juumonji's specialize in barriers and Phalanx is the best spell suited for their talents. It's similar to how Shippou's Million Edge takes advantage of his Herd Defense. However, the Yotsuba and those with innate magic are different. Cocytus wasn't a spell that originally existed until Miyuki was born with it.
They are born with it, just like Ichijou's Rupture that's their innate magic. Katsuto specializes in magic barriers but Phalanx is usable by any Juumonjis.

Spoiler for Quote from V03:

The big difference is that each Yotsuba has an unique innate magic but it's either OSM or an OP magic.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote