View Single Post
Old 2014-04-13, 11:04   Link #56
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Miya is not BS. She has good genes plus her signature ability just like Miyuki. If you take the Juumonji clan for example, all the children would have Phalanx as their signature magic but among the Yotsuba everyone has a different signature magic.

And the statement that normal magicians have better protection than BS magicians is mostly true, Tatsuya is an exception because the 2 gram spells are very, very rare. A BS magician not specialized in defense wouldn't be able to use Data Fortification or Zone Interference,
i never said she was a BS i just said she had an unique type of magic that no one else had as was specific within yotsuba clan.
And as for normal magicians having better protection yes but that does not means the difference is a big as CatRules said
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Magicians fight by exploiting weakness of enemy magicians. General Magicians are all-rounders, so they have few weakness. BS magicians, however, have lots of them and they can't help themselves when face with their specific counters.
Yes, BS mages are powerful in their specialty but they have more weaknesses than common mages and if their enemy exploit them, they will die very quickly.
What i mean is although BS magicians have a limited array of spells for offense (being specialized in one type of magic or more) that does not mean their defense is weak simply because they can`t use ZI and DF(I know Tatsuya ZI and DF is weak but i didn`t read anywhere that this is a rule for all BS magicians).
We don`t know enough about counter magic and about BS as well. Could be that other BS magicians have other spells for defense and even more powerful counter magics.
Of course we are talking in an ideal situation, On a real battlefield this whole situation changes.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote