View Single Post
Old 2014-04-13, 06:38   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
I agree with you but after reading 10 volumes so far i come to think that its not characters that are made a certain way to fit in the plot its the problem.
I think the way the power of a magician is determined is the problem it seems to forced to me, i mean the magic community in the story knows that there are more powerful and more useful types of magic besides the 4 great systems and still the magician rank is judged by those only.A BS magician may not be able to use all of 4 systems but that doesn't mean his power is lower then one that can use the 4 great systems.
I don`t know its seems forced and out of place to judge the level based that alone,its like i judge a soccer player by how well he can execute free kicks, he may suck at those but excel at other abilities but he wont be a great soccer player because of that which in reality that has no logic or sense what so ever.
Especially since its said there are only so few magicians in the world and yet the world set a system to diminish the number even more, i don`t know seems to forced to me.
I think it's normal. Schools cater to the greatest numbers, with the aim of turning out the greatest numbers of adequate graduates. Their tests reflect that, and "special cases" won't be able to show their true worth.

But as Lina said, even if your grades are bad, if you can demonstrate true ability, you can find your own place. (Just like someone with bad grades in school can succeed later in life.) Good grades just make it easier to follow the beaten path and find a good position.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote