View Single Post
Old 2014-04-13, 06:29   Link #42
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
I agree with you but after reading 10 volumes so far i come to think that its not characters that are made a certain way to fit in the plot its the problem.
I think the way the power of a magician is determined is the problem it seems to forced to me, i mean the magic community in the story knows that there are more powerful and more useful types of magic besides the 4 great systems and still the magician rank is judged by those only.A BS magician may not be able to use all of 4 systems but that doesn't mean his power is lower then one that can use the 4 great systems.
I don`t know its seems forced and out of place to judge the level based that alone,its like i judge a soccer player by how well he can execute free kicks, he may suck at those but excel at other abilities but he wont be a great soccer player because of that which in reality that has no logic or sense what so ever.
Especially since its said there are only so few magicians in the world and yet the world set a system to diminish the number even more, i don`t know seems to forced to me.
Magicians fight by exploiting weakness of enemy magicians. General Magicians are all-rounders, so they have few weakness. BS magicians, however, have lots of them and they can't help themselves when face with their specific counters.
Yes, BS mages are powerful in their specialty but they have more weaknesses than common mages and if their enemy exploit them, they will die very quickly.

Just to remind you, Magicians are weapon and weapon that have limited use or can be destroyed easily, albeit powerful, wouldn't have the same value as those more stable ones.