View Single Post
Old 2014-04-10, 16:21   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
I don't get it... I'm assuming you've read the novels, some or all?
First 12 volumes.

Quote:
If yes, is it that hard to see why and how he could be written that way? Tatsuya is a character who is meant to show either the mistakes or strength (whichever one's more important at that moment) of magicians in the current society.
I don't follow. I'll also add that magicians don't exist, so saying he represents the magicians in current society isn't saying he's some form of social commentary.

Quote:
He is the way he is on purpose, it seems to me. Sure, the author must have "wished" to create an OP character, but in my opinion, Tatsuya's strength is justified by the plot.
If you write a story where God himself descends to tell the MC "by My will, you're not the strongest. Because you need to go save the world". Then the character's strength is justified by the plot. Both the how and why. I'd still find it rather... unsatisfying writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Didn't he need the help of his friends and contacts solve his problems recently? And I believe his fights are more and more difficult as the story goes on. It's not as if he is able to do everything alone.
Most MC have problems in the first volume. Second at the latest. He still hasn't been in real danger so far.

Quote:
It was mentioned he didn't even need to go to school. He has been raised as a guardian all his life and was working on CAD too, then he started to learn taijutsu at 13 and is still training. Everything he accomplished is justified and not impossible.
And aside from his genius intellect, he is not particularly better than anyone( I am not even talking about his superpowers here).
So you think if we start training early, practically anyone could do even one thing he did? Kokonoe, a nationally recognized master of ninjutsu already acknowledged his inferiority in pure martial arts.

As for CAD... He's not just a good tinkerer. He's probably the best designer in the country. Better than any of the adults. He already solved one of the so called "Three Great Problems". You think that's normal?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote