View Single Post
Old 2014-04-10, 15:56   Link #27
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

It's not just about his victories or coolness. It's about how the author is trying to push him on us as cool. It's about his completely overspecced existence. (He's a student, a soldier in some secret battalion, a rich inventor. All that before entering high school. Where does he find the time?) Usain Bolt may be the best sprinter in the world (or is it someone else now?), but it's not like he's all that much faster than second best. Or tenth best. Tatsuya's the kind of guy who'd run the 100m in 5 seconds while everyone else in the world is stuck at almost 10.
I don't get it... I'm assuming you've read the novels, some or all? If yes, is it that hard to see why and how he could be written that way? Tatsuya is a character who is meant to show either the mistakes or strength (whichever one's more important at that moment) of magicians in the current society. He is the way he is on purpose, it seems to me. Sure, the author must have "wished" to create an OP character, but in my opinion, Tatsuya's strength is justified by the plot. If that's the definition of a wish fulfilment character, then you're right.... I think...

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote