View Single Post
Old 2014-04-06, 04:23   Link #12
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
You're wrongly assuming that since one of those magics was used other actions shouldn't occur.

Any magic used to create a specific unnatural action does not prevent other reactions from still occurring naturally. You have to keep in mind that magic sequences do not directly affect molecules and forces. It affects an alternate dimension and the magician's orders are accommodated by reality however necessary. But unless the magician also use extra magics to adjust the other relevant forces, they may get an unwanted result because of reality's simple and forceful interpretation of their wish. Tatsuya gave a good example of this in v2 about an egg.

If unnatural movement is requested - acceleration and etc. happens naturally.
If separation magic is used - movement and acceleration etc. happens naturally.
And as I said, the egg example was just confusing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Well inertia is the tendency for an object to stay in the form that it is in(an object at rest wants to be at rest, an object in motion wants to stay in motion). If you suddenly make the molecules in the egg move a lot faster than it normally does through an unnatural mean, then it will override inertia and thus the form of the egg would break. That's how i kind of interpreted it.
If you give speed to an object with magic, there should be one of two things:
- it's accelerated, and following Newton's 2nd Law, it's exactly as if a force is applied to the object.
- it isn't accelerated, because magic. It just gains speed, which means, in the referential of the object, nothing actually happens. (Until a wall jumps at it or something.)

So, which is which magic, and why should it break an egg?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote