View Single Post
Old 2014-04-05, 14:32   Link #19
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
In the LN, he moved the hand to the side then opened it, but oh well, at least it's not some Yu Yu Hakusho's rip off
Lol that would've been hilarious. Now I kinda want Tatsuya to get his Trident taken away and fire spirit guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I kind of always figured the anime would moreso follow the format of the manga than the Light novel.

In the manga it's mostly event focused, with a few explanations here and there. Like everytime Tatsuya does something special it stops to complain it, but it doesn't really go as deepy as the Light Novel does.

That's more or less how I see the anime going. If it spends a lot of time doing narrated info dumps it could take up half an episode, cutting out a lot of the info dumps effectively makes the Novels shorter, meaning the Anime can cover more content by compressing them.

If they find a right balance between the 2 it could be alright.
It's all about the balance! This whole episode felt surreal since I only started the LN last month but it was fun. Episode 2 and on is what matters I believe; since they are trying to set the tone with this one I won't really bash it.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote