View Single Post
Old 2014-04-01, 07:30   Link #97
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
mecha-wise, Macross franchise gets the edge for me, as they felt more plausible sci-fi war machines than that other franchise. It did help that Macross got aired in a period of my childhood when I was gushing about Cold War-era fighters, like the F14, F15 and the MiG-31. Also YF-19 Master Race. Dem Forward Swept Wings <3
Actually, when it comes to giant humanoid mechas used for battles, no series is more plausible than the others. I remember reading a number of studies about the “realistic-ness” of having big humanoid mecha in actual battles (or at least scientific people’s take on it, fleeting or detailed). They said that using humanoid mecha provides you nothing but liability, even more so with transformable mechas. In simpler words, you'll be a sitting duck for the enemy. Unless you’re using a giant bio-mecha (like the EVAs in Evangelion which doesn’t really limited to the law of physics due to its alien-origin inner component or basic substance) or a humanoid mecha powered by magic (like the ones in Rayearth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Gundam? Well... I don't want to go to offtopic with that but I pretty much have no attachment in that franchise. I liked Zeta the most by default (because of Char) then probably the Unicorn OVAs after that. Otherwise, don't really care.
Good news, Sunrise is making a big project which is four-episode OVAs detailing about Char’s (and his sister’s) past life called Gundam The Origin. And if you love Char G, you should watch the first Gundam series (if you haven't done it already). That’s where Char shines the most.