View Single Post
Old 2014-03-20, 09:31   Link #57
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I guess what really throws me off is the mecha design. The overall feel of the show seems more ancient than meca-ish. Different. Probably not to my taste. Just as how I took one look at AGE and wondered why a toy became a warmachine that stood in between people and an undignified massacre. The whole thing with the design feels more lowkey and something else entirely than a gundam. I can't say it's a flop. It's certainly different in a way that doesn't captivate me, at least not by first impressions. But I hope that changes soon.

I've always been more aligned with mecha shows in ancient settings when the mecha show a stark contrast to the world, as if a foreign entity completely. Here, the mecha feel just as weathered.

I think I'll wait till the show develops more and research about the in-verse technology before making a final judgement. AGE-2 was probably the only machine I liked in AGE. Mostly because the design drew my attention away from the ugly "A" symbol.
It's all too similar to Turn A design wise, and turn A had that weird feeling of disjoint Gundam steampunk.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote