View Single Post
Old 2014-01-09, 16:38   Link #9
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'll just chime in with the rest and say MX Player is the way to go. I use it watch anime on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and it works great. In my experience it handles 8bit mkv files and mp4 files perfectly. I've also found that it handles 10bit 720p fine most of the time although you do occasionally get stutters when it doesn't (But even then only occasionally and still watchable). I've not tried 8bit 1080p mkv files but I'm pretty sure it can't handle them. 10bit 1080p mkv files are completely out of the question. If necessary you could always use a program like Handbrake to convert those, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Also, what's the easiest way to get the fansubs downloaded? Bittorrent? I don't have easy access to a computer at the moment. What's the best torrent client?
I use the T-torrent app (paid version). I don't know if it's better than others but I just like it's format better.

Quote:
Also, what's the best way to read manga on a tablet?
I use the MangaZoo app which I consider to be the easiest to use. Be careful with using manga reading apps though since they'll put a lot of memory in your cache very quickly if you read a lot of manga and you need to remember to clean it out regularly if you think it takes up too much space.

Quote:
Also, for video, do you guys find 7 inch is good enough? How about 10?
Frankly I'm satisfied with a 4.7 inch screen...

Last edited by Flower; 2014-01-20 at 00:06.