View Single Post
Old 2013-11-09, 05:21   Link #26
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There are player towns though, Akiba is the biggest one in Japan server, or do you mean players going out and actually constructing a town out in the "wilderness".
Akiba would be the equivalent of HighSec. That one has all the major guilds and some crazy brilliance Shiroe pulls.

Yes, I'm talking about a player who does a legendary quest to acquire a Deed to the Land, making his subclass a Feudal Lord and the right to establish a town in 0.4 or even lower if he dares. I reckon these wild places have far better resources or hidden treasures or special places of interest nearby, hence the draw to go set up shop out there. A town in the wild is also open to commerce for players travelling around the area. Being in the town lets non-PK players make use of the town's defences while they are there.

But while you can set up a shrine/jinja/church/cathedral in the town for players living in the town to respawn (PKers respawn back at a major city like Akiba, or a graveyard in their own town), there is no sanctuary anywhere. IE if PKers manage to break into the town, they are free to pvp, rape, kill and loot everything in sight, or if they are nicer, just extort them.

Sometimes, players can just ambush convoys going to and from the city, which may choke supplies coming to the wild town. All these activities then creates a demand for mercenaries to work for these towns too.

This is all in my headcanon though. But a really fun premise to play with. My character, a summoner/merchant, spawns inside her shop, the Fletch's Tear Trading Post, in one such town. I haven't placed it yet, but its along the coast of the Sea of Japan. The story then revolves around her and the people who live and trade in that town. Already, the story is writing itself and more to come as I read through EVE Online's history for more inspiration...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-11-09 at 06:19.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote