View Single Post
Old 2013-10-27, 07:02   Link #7
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Clone works fine from the command prompt, but smplayer wants to send it a "-noquiet" mplayer switch which mpv complains about. I posted a comment over in rvm's smplayer forum, but it hasn't been approved yet. I cannot see how to disable specific mplayer switches in smplayer, only add them from the GUI.
I think mpv removed certain features related to how smplayer and possibly other GUIs used mplayer/mplayer2. I didn't mention that part as this thread was started about batch conversion of things, not playback .

If you built mpv with the OSC (on-screen controls), that should already provide some kind of a visual interface in addition to the usual key bindings. If that's not enough, you will have to utilize mplayer2 until a GUI for mpv appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I took a shot at converting a H10P show to the basic iPhone profile with the newest Handbrake from John Stebbins Ubuntu repository. Didn't work out too well, but I didn't try too hard, either.
Tried the newest Windows version right now, and it seems to have worked just fine (as far as the output stream looks like). Loved the fact how they don't even show you the advanced x264 options any more in the interface unless you check a checkbox, just like it should be (Handbrake for the longest time didn't support x264's internal presets and tunes). Most users shouldn't really concern themselves with anything else but what's on the Video tab .