View Single Post
Old 2006-03-01, 17:59   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Fascinating discussion. Thanks, kj1980 and eggplant, in particular.

It sounds like acting, where people support themselves with outside jobs for years, trying to land a good role. Except that even the good roles don't pay in anime, it seems.

Now I understand why it must be such a good gig to get a spot as a TV host, like Yamamoto Maria or Nogawa Sakura, and why there are so many seiyuu radio shows (I'll bet those are mainly for publicity and don't pay much, though.)

Do you agree that seiyuu are paid far below their value to the art? Even though I do like some amateur seiyuu, the better pros can add a lot to a role. Each voice is different, so I don't think you can just replace almost anyone, as may be the case with ordinary animators, who have to work to a model drawn by someone else.

I've noticed seiyuu I've liked just disappearing, for no obvious reason. I guess they sometimes give up and get an office job, or get married.

Is Gotou Yuuko one of the dark-side seiyuus who has recently emerged into the light? She seems to have done a lot of games.

Does their lowly status and pay mean that a closet-otaku salaryman has a chance to hook up with an actual seiyuu? If he can figure out how to meet her in a non-professional situation, that is.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote