View Single Post
Old 2006-03-01, 14:51   Link #52
Kyaa the Catlord

One wonders how much of a seiyuu's wages are really in the form of perks. They become immensely popular, albeit with otaku, and can draw appearances, which I assume they are groomed, dressed and paid to attend. I'm assuming the grooming and dressing bit due to the agency's desire to have his/her popularity rise amoungst the buyers of anime, games and drama/music cds. I wonder if said clothing becomes part of the seiyuu's closet when the interview or show is finished. Also, it would make sense that the agency keep their seiyuu in a dormitory(*cough* stable), not only for security from unwanted attention, but also to keep them from moonlighting. I'd also imagine that the agency has a desire to see to their health as well, since an unhealthy, malnurished worker will not perform as well as one who is healthy.

Mind you, I have no actual insight into this, but it is what I would do if I was handling this sort of talent. (Especially since from their wages, they seem awfully impovershed, I can't believe that they could afford to live on their own in a city like Tokyo on those wages.)
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote