Thread: Licensed Log Horizon (novel)
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-11, 04:03   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You.... can. If you're really, really daring.

There are these Fairy Ring portals all over the world that seemingly warps you to random spots in the world.
The destination changed every five minutes in the real world (which is every 1 hour in in-universe world), and the patterns were pretty much studied. You could go to a website that tracks which rings goes to where at any time of the day.
Since the adventurers have no web connection anymore, jumping into it is near-suicide now.

One New York player jumped into one after the Catastrophe, and ended up in middle of nowhereland in like, Mongolia or something. LOL.
Kanami saved his ass from there, on her journey back to Japan.

As for why the portals are broke, who knows.
In MMO it's a matter of convenience to have these around, but in the real world it's just too powerful and easy I guess.

Oh, another world detail.

The Catastrophe happened the moment the new expansion went live.
Like most MMO, the data for the expansion were downloaded on clients all over the world, but they didn't go live till that moment.
And since Japan is ahead of other servers in date time, it happened when Japanese expansion servers went live.

Technically Korea should also go live, but as far as I know Japan is the only server that has the patch live. Perhaps due to different payment method (Korea uses freemium model) the schedule for expansion live was different.

Which means, level 91+ content may only be available in the Japanese servers, and other servers may not even be able to level past 90.
Kanami heading to Japan is because she knows this, and the reason for this world wide disaster may lie in the Japanese servers.

I wonder once other players around the world figure this out, we may see flocks of players heading to the Japanese servers. In the harsh new world, raiding Lv100 content is going to make a crapload of difference. The Chinese server is in middle of power struggle between guilds, one of the prominent guild in the land got sick of that nonsense and traveled to another city, befriended the Earthlings there, and set a base of operations. I could see another guild like that instead heading to Japan, not so far away..

The Chinese wolf riders were pretty cool, I'd love to see them animated.
I'm hoping for an OVA series or something of the oversea spin-off.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-11 at 04:35.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote