View Single Post
Old 2013-10-06, 20:36   Link #50
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Why do you expect flames? I think most fans will be so starved for a conversion that they will easily forgive the required simplifications of the infodumps.

And I'd have been crying if they had NOT kept Hayamin for Miyuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I just fear SAO redux where anime-only viewers keep complaining that things don't make sense and novel readers try to explain the stuff that's left out, then it becomes a big flame war and half the posts get deleted because they contain too many spoilers.

I already feel sorry for the mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The manga did a good explanation for the info dumps. Its up to the director to make it more lively in explanation. The info dumps in manga use chibi form to explain and its cute and not out of place when the info was being shown.
Tatsuya flames will not be from the fans of course. Regarding info-dump, you can't please all sides. Thing is, I don't think there will be majority-minority sides in this, but major camps for each pair of opposites (ie. those for info-dump vs those for condensation; Tatsuya lovers and haters, etc. etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
So main heroine is MC's sister and has ice-based powers? Guess I can't skip this for any reason.
More complicated than that. If you don't like complicated stuff, this might be something to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Gaaahh I'm torn between whether Hayami or HanaKana may have made a better imouto..! I guess Hayami has a more mature vibe which fits better and her Ayase's 'Onii-san's were absolutely killer (half literally too, bonus points!), but I can't help feel Kana's heart-shattering moe appeal would have worked too...! hsgjghcv
EVen though Kana can do practically any role, Hayamin is the right one imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Don't worry about the info dump. I've conducted a little experiment where I took all the text of the first chapter of volume 1 and cut out all the useless narrative, descriptions, and monologue explaining the setting that could be explained through visuals or simply glossed over like

Know what happened? Originally the text was 9535 words, but after I was through with it it was down to 2809 words. Note that I kept all the technical details relating to magic. The dialogue could further be cut in half and the technical details could be shortened like it was in the manga. Heck, I bet the the first episode could easily cover more than the first chapter.

There was also this genius who came up with the idea of elaborating on spells used at the end of every episode and I thought it would be a great idea to have chibi professor Tatsuya give an in-depth explanation on magic with chibi Miyuki.

That's what an anime means and you can't turn a series like this into an OVA or a movie.
Just a note, when it didn't have the info dump, it didn't win the Dengeki award (due to word limits on submission). That's why the author started writing this on the web.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote