View Single Post
Old 2013-10-03, 06:38   Link #1927
Blackmambauk

amen to that... not that I ship lulu and Shirley (I don't ship Lelouch with anybody, prefer him celibate). But like with Euphie and as Scherzo09 said above, she was mostly killed off just to create more unnecessary angst not just for lulu, but for Suzaku as well. Don't know where they could've gone with Shirley, but to be honest I think they could've done more with her, instead of just stuffing her into the fridge. always felt it was a problem of Code Geass that, killing off or underdeveloping characters, or worse derailing or focusing too much on particular characters (I.e. Ohgi for derailing, and too much focus when he was a boring character in my view and Rolo for in my own view examples of this)

but that's what you get when you create too many characters in the first place.

anyway's keeping this on Shirley, at first I must admit, I found her a little annoying, but as the series went on, I found her to be one f the few characters who I felt, could or come's close to being purely good, plus have always had a soft spot for women like her, the bubbly, cheery types, the ones who know how to brighten a mood, yeah sometimes a bit annoying, but well you know.

Of course whether she could have influenced lulu, well that is debateable, as you can give reasons for yes and no to that question.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote