View Single Post
Old 2013-10-02, 16:49   Link #71
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Maybe the fight against STUDY happened in the morning. Afterwards she came back to her dorms and then she had a late breakfast. So that guy asking her out for lunch was actually quite reasonable, she just didn't think of the time. The next scene has them eating, which would support what I said but it contradicts with her complaint about being asked out so... I dunno.

I will feel super smart if this is true and not contradicted by some line in the novels.
From the LNs:

Quote:
Even during summer vacation, the morning life didn’t change in the Tokiwadai dorms: wake up at seven in the morning, clean up to the level of "it doesn’t look too bad" within thirty minutes, roll call in the dining hall at seven-thirty, and finish breakfast by eight o’clock.

What was notable was the reason the dorms let students have until eight to finish breakfast: Tokiwadai Middle School encouraged students to take the school bus. The deadline before being late was 8:20 AM, so if one didn’t take the bus, they would have to sprint full-speed to school.
Quote:
She's a smart person. They sold her to someone that could use her brains, it basically makes sense.
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it's very unsatisfying that the bad end made us all feel sorry for her, was nothing but a week of mild discomfort. There are a dozen other places she could have been sold too that would have been much more fitting.

Quote:
In regards to her getting a happy ending... well she was "saved". How many people do you think Touma has saved from those kinds of bad ends?
After they've gotten that bad end? In a different storyline? In a way that makes the bad end, turn out to not have existed at all? Never.

EDIT:

Even when he saved Cendrillia (or however you spell her name) that was after she had been turned into a living table for a few days. If Shinobu had been suffering for those few days I could have lived with it but she wasn't.