View Single Post
Old 2013-10-01, 09:52   Link #63
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
@LazyHunter

Ah. You guys are trolling (part of the time). Lolz. I'm an idiot at times.

The Aleister part was just a note. I'm just saying that not everything that the railgun girls were able to do was forgotten. I also was pretty sure that Mikoto meant that Misaki mind-wiped people about what happened as to not expose innocent people there to danger.
Why are you so sure of that? Really, there's no indication or hint to think that's the reason. As I answered you in the Mikoto character thread it wasn't a noble action to protect the innocent (who? from whom?), it was basically used as a get-ot-of-jail-free card for Shinobu in order to push forward the happy end. This was stated by Shinobu and acknowledged by Mikoto. The bad thing it's that Mikoto would never do that. It's really OOC for her for reasons already explained.

Quote:
The Timeline seems right. I'm still thinking though about why stuff could have happened that way because I actually feel pretty strongly that Kamachi wrote this arc with the intent of making Mikoto's character develop here.
Railgun anime already messed up the timeline last season. The problem of Mikoto's character development in this filler arc is that it comes undone in future arcs so it's really a bit pointless.

You know; the funny thing about the timeline of the arc is that all they had to do was a simple thing: don't do a two-day timeskip in the middle of the arc. That way the last episode takes place the 29th of August. The timeline is not screwed by lack of time (they had several days between the end of the Sisters Arc and the 31th of August), it's because they randomly decided to do that jump in time for no reason and wasted a few days in unimportant events. They basically screwed themselves over for no reason.

Quote:
But I think Febri was necessary at the final battle... Saten being good at Mechs might just mean that she has smell + memory like Index. She's the railgun version of Index! We know she doesn't like school, but she knows so many random rumors from all over the place and she knows a ton of stuff all of the time. In my opinion, it is very possible that she actually knows a lot of stuff, but never used it in school because she doesn't care about school that much... or didn't before. (Esper powers also don't have to do with technical knowledge and memory) so we don't actually know that she wouldn't be able to wield something like that. What if it were easy to use? There are plenty of reasons that (while since this arc was very short a lot of it appeared like Deus Ex Machina's) Saten and others were able to do the things they were able to do. We have to remember this last arc was pretty darned short after all...
Saten being interested in urban rumors it's a key-part of her character. Fighting isn't. The excuse "you never saw her pilot a giant transformer" doesn't work here. She learned overnight in a few hours while making rice balls. It was a giant transformer robot, why should it be so easy to use? Wouldn't that be dangerous?

Quote:
About Awaki... I think the problem there was rather just that Mikoto wasn't that familiar with the darkness related to the sisters... STUDY wasn't actually the darkness. The whole STUDY = deep darkness came from Terestina's line to Mikoto that people in AC who aren't important have really dark lives and that darkness goes very deep. Hamazura is the premier example of this I would say... So Mikoto didn't hesitate to involve her friends here for other reasons. With Awaki, Kuroko acted because she wanted to similarly...
That's not the point we're trying to make, dniv. What we're telling you is that Mikoto didn't knew how dangerous STUDY was. She knew they had 20000 Powered Suits that; may I remind you, are stronger, faster and harder than a human. She knew that and was ok with bringing Saten and Uiharu to the fight with them. Why couldn't Uiharu stay back somewhere safe controlling her robots? Why was Saten fighting an armored Powered Suit with a wooden bat when it could have crippled her in one good hit? The fact nobody died when the only two armed Powered Suits attacked them with chainguns its both a miracle and ridiculous. Uiharu tripped and instead of shooting a now immobile target (given that clearly they couldn't hit the people running) they decided to approach to ...crush her, I guess?

The point is: they could have died very easily if not for two things: plot armor and villain incompetency (I hate to repeat things already said a lot of times but only 2 of the Powered Suits were armed; they could have cut out the numbers a bit, a few thousands would be enough; and armed the rest)

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2013-10-02 at 14:02.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote