View Single Post
Old 2013-09-12, 00:38   Link #1
isamu99

Anime and VLC player

I have recently started watching anime on my PC for the first time in over 5 years. I have chosen VLC as my player of choice and all I can say is

I honestly can't believe how good VLC makes anime look with just the slightest tweaks here and there under the "video and effects" settings. I have a BENQ W6000 DLP front projector and even on my 110" screen, the image is nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!! And get this....VLC makes anime DVDs that I even bought over 12 years ago look like they were released this year! Exactly what kind of magic are the VLC developers sprinkling into this software player that's making anime dvds look this good? Some anime TV series on dvd that came out back in 1998 look like they can pass for BluRay!!! Here's a shot of Bubblegum Crisis 2040(the original ADV release, not the re-release).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Mind you, this is from a dvd that was released back in 1999!! These pics don't do what I see on my projector justice. They actually look better and more crisp while VLC is running. Unbelievable. I seriously can't understand what VLC is doing to make my anime dvds look this good! My Playstation 3, as a stand alone dvd player is a straight up JOKE in comparison to VLC.

Jaw is dropped to the floor. If Bubblegum Crisis looks this good, I can only imagine what the remastered versions of Cowboy Bebop will look like....*drools* :shock:

Last edited by NightWish; 2013-09-12 at 04:19.