View Single Post
Old 2013-09-02, 19:56   Link #31
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Is this really an Index-related topic, or are you talking about Light Novels in general? I don't think the Index light novels have been licensed for release in other countries, so it's a bit hard to measure its relative popularity without any data. And I'm also not on what basis you've concluded that "Raildex is so unpopular" in certain parts of the world and not others, when this very forum is quite globally-diverse and this franchise is quite popular.

So... maybe I'm just not seeing it...
Sorry. Let me make it more clear.

In Japan, Index is one of the top selling light novel series.

It has a very popular franchise that has a lot of support on forums like 2ch and others.

In contrast, merchandise from the Raildex franchise isn't really sold that much in other countries except a few except online (other than Japan at least to my knowledge and my friends' knowledge). This wouldn't be about the LN's... this would be concerning the manga and the LN's.

I guess the main issue is why the Index manga hasn't really been released outside of Japan (at least in some places like the United States).

See, I understand when someone tries to say Index as a series isn't that popular to be released in the US as a manga...

I am wondering about it specifically in terms of why the Index manga isn't being published in the United States (for example)...

Raildex is the first series I've been pretty interested in and as a result for the first time actually somewhat care about whether it's popular or not because I feel like it deserves better personally. So I was just curious about why as a franchise it isn't as popular as series like Naruto or One Piece when in fact the franchise has 2 manga series (now 4) and 2 different anime series that are already out. I'm just not that familiar with series that start as light novels I guess.

As I pointed out, SAO, Fate-zero and Haruhi were much more popular as Light Novel franchises and I was really just trying to figure out why. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's a question centering on why it is so popular in Japan and China but so unknown in other places and doesn't even have a manga in that language while Railgun, the "spinoff series" does.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote