View Single Post
Old 2003-12-22, 21:45   Link #39
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Maybe you don't know the dollar is worth 3 times the current money here. I won't order things from the USA if I'll have to pay 3 times the price in dollar plus the import tax (which's 60% the price of the product + shipment in R$). Only if I was rich, and I'm not. Let's use some math. Taking in base Viz' Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac) manga price, which's US$9,00, let's see how much it would cost to import here in Brazil.

US$9,00 + US$10,00 (for shipment)= US$19,00
US$19,00 x 3= R$57,00
60% of R$57,00= R$34,20
R$57,00 + R$34,20= R$91,20

Final price of Saint Seiya GN 1= R$91,20
Since Bleach's price will be most likely the same as any other manga from Viz', I'd have to pay R$91,20 for Bleach GN 1. And no, I can't afford paying that in a single book.

PS. R$ (reais) is the current money in Brazil.
First of all, your math is a bit off . The price for Their Knights of the zodiac manga is $7.95 meaning that your calculations are off by about 5-10 dollars.

Second of all manga is not a need. So no one *has* to provide you with free manga. If you want the manga really badly you're probably better off getting the japanese manga, as it's much cheaper meaning less import fees.

Third of all, it's *your* country that imposes the import fees. It's to prevent your country's dollar from deterorating even further. It's to discourage buying into other currencys to purchase things. So it's not our fault nor the scanlater's fault, so there for neither us nor the Scanlater should be forced to facilitate you. You can just burn in a ditch for all I care.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote