View Single Post
Old 2013-07-08, 03:06   Link #45
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Well, 1st episode did not disappoint, at least according to my opinion. I try being unbiased since I've already read the novels. Most anime adaptations never fit every single little detail from the novel into a half hour-ish episode, I mean there's the fact that this is a single cour show. For that reason, I let small stuff that gets omitted slide. As long as the general story flows the way it should, and it's fun to watch, then it's all good.

The OP and EDs were okay. In comparison, I'd say last season's OP versus this season's new one aren't too different in style. I think I like New's OP better though. New's ED was good too. Of course, nothing could beat that Pole Dance surprise from season one when it first debuted. Still, what that season's ED versus New's ED had in common was that they both had some nice animations. I agree with one of the previous posts - the girls look really graceful in the new ending credits.

The voices still don't disappoint. Another reason why I like DxD's anime - it features a few of my fav. seiyuu Zenovia sounded pretty tomboyish. I always pictured her to have a voice similar to Koneko. Still, I think it'll grow on me. Same with Irina - Mayaa Uchida is doing her voice huh? I knew there was a good reason why she sounded like Frenda from Railgun S. Speaking of Railgun S, Freed, that crazy priest, always reminds me of Accelerator, even though they have nothing in common regarding character. It must be the hair and facial expressions. XD

Looking forward to the rest of the season.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote