dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's very....off the mark
???

This isn't wrong; at least I think so. I'm only talking about
Spoiler for volume 22, NT 7:
, but of course I might be wrong I guess....

@Sackett I think you're mistaking with the light novel. The reason the light novel is not as great as you would like it is because it is translated to english unprofessionally. BT does a great job and the translators are great, but it's hard or impossible to translate a book close to as near as well as a the original Japanese version. When the author uses character names and events and kanji that have multiple layered meanings, it is impossible to use english to show this. It's a weakness of the English language. I speak 4 languages and 3 fluently, so I recognize some of the weaknesses of English compared to other languages. Here... you have to realize that Kamachi's novels are most likely written much better than what you have seen. We don't see the original version... you do understand that... The same author does the railgun manga after all. It's just that the railgun manga volumes sold in the US were done via a professional translation and even the volumes online were done pretty well and there is much less to translate per chapter, but the volumes sold are probably slightly better done anyway because they are obviously professional compared to people who are doing it that are not being paid.

The series is a lot better than what you read online. Most people on the English wiki can only look at translations that are made in order to understand it. I'm taking Japanese next year and for a while longer than that and want to learn it (well for many reasons), but partially to be able to understand anime/manga/LNs completely. You have to realize that it's not in its perfect form.

However, what Ilidsor was certainly true here.
Spoiler for Accelerator facial features explanation and power explanation:

Anyway, you guys seem to be trashing what's going on. Talking about Accelerator during Railgun S... he is initially pretty strong. We can obviously tell this when he beats Mikoto thoroughly. I want to re-iterate here that it was his first time battling another level 5 when he fought her. He didn't know she was that weak. He wasn't just trying to insult her. He didn't actually know about her powers... but he purposely didn't use railgun to send it back at her and destroy her via reflect...

I think Accelerator can most easily be beaten now because of his extreme arrogance because he has always won all of his fights easily seemingly without even being touched. I'm guessing damaging his ego is a good first step to win... anyway...

@Sackett:
Spoiler for Index II:
I don't feel like Railgun S has bad writing either... It's the same writer for both... so if you criticize one... you are kind of criticizing the other... ....
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote