View Single Post
Old 2013-07-07, 19:37   Link #27
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Actually he does have a setting for "reflect everything" (which does have the draw back you describe) he even has a setting for "reflect everything except for specific exceptions" and that is his usual default setting before being injured.

It's not that Accelerator is unbeatable, just that for most people beating him requires a non-reflectable attack with surprise and speed sufficient to defeat Accelerator before he figures out how to counter it. An attack that confuses Accelerator (such as magic) is a plus.
Spoiler for Spoilers for future events in LN:
Spoiler for volume 22:

I think Accelerator is well-balanced. My favorite power in this series is IB for hopefully obvious reasons. Accelerator is partially so powerful after all because of the experiments. I think though that he was really strong when he was younger as well (to a point) [spoiler=episode 15] remember the flashback when he was a kid with Aiho... enough said. [/episode 15]

I am pretty sure that Accelerator has one of the richest character developments in Index. His one major weakness
Spoiler for post railgun S and somewhat during Railgun S:
He is sort of like Mikoto in that he will dish out his own vigilante justice to punish any criminals
Spoiler for LN volume 14:
. Accelerator is really one of my favorite characters here for this reason. He's very interesting. (I'm not sure if that last part should be moved to his character discussion... I'll just rewrite it there I guess...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote