dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
We don't see Saten's, Tsuchimikado's, Musujime's and Aogami's parents

Are they all orphans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We don't see Ruiko's parents but we know she has a mother, who gave her a charm because she was wary of all dat science in Academy City, so we know she's not an orphan.
Yep: Kamachi clearly demonstrates which people have Families or not. Considering the fact that
Spoiler for New Testament Volume 7:
He obviously doesn't have parents otherwise he wouldn't need to fake his relatives and parents...

Aogami's parents are just not mentioned because Aogami doesn't even appear that much compared to the other characters... Musujime similarly doesn't appear that much compared to the other characters... I'm just saying. Aogami probably has parents.

A general rule: most likely anyone in the darkness of Academy city doesn't have parents to turn to. This should include Awaki/Accelerator/ITEM/GROUP/MEMBER/...

We saw Saten has a mother she is fond of. Misaka has a mother she is fond of. Basically, we hear about the parents of many of the main characters. Kuroko/ Uiharu most likely have parents. In contrast, Misaki was going to be disposed of by the organization. Generally researchers can only dispose of espers if those espers are child errors. This is why Amata could have disposed of Accelerator, because he was most likely a child error.

In contrast, Crowley didn't want to dispose of Mikoto, but he was ok with disposing of Mikoto's mother 2 times even if Mikoto's dad was against it... The difference in this case is that they wouldn't be able to complain at all. In Shokuhou's case, cloning is banned by international law. If her parents complained about cloning it would become a very large problem in comparison (probably not because of Aleister's influence, but it would hurt the Exterior Project). Considering the fact that Misaki's first friend seems to be Dolly, there's a good chance this is because she was a child error. I didn't post this in the other thread, but the main reason I consider Misaki as probably being a child error is that

She knows Touma from when they were both young. He was in AC since kindergarten. So... he could have helped her in the past. She mentions this time he was very mad at her and many other meetings they had. This is why I feel like she had some sad past. Being a child error seems likely in this case. Otherwise, if they were going to be targeted by AC why couldn't they try going back to their parents or at least calling them? Because they don't have parents.

The general rule of thumb is:

Characters who will be important later have their parents shown or their family/background explained and fleshed out extensively. More minor characters don't have this explained. That's just how the Index series is.

I'm pretty sure most of the level 5's would be child errors anyway because to be a level 5, you already have to have a pretty strange/psychotic personality in some way e.g. Mikoto's obsession with attacking Touma which is why generally they would be abandoned. Mikoto's quirk is more comedic so her parents don't mind. She's the "happy-go-lucky" level 5 compared to the others. Gunha is also an exception because he's so ignorant to everything dark in Academy City (and because he's pretty much invulnerable to most attacks lol).
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote