View Single Post
Old 2013-05-31, 02:31   Link #8
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
So... does anybody else think Tsuchimikado really should have died by now? Not because I dislike him but because he really should have by this point.

Tsuchimikado is a magician/esper hybrid which is impossible but he can do it because his esper power heals the damage. However it is made clear to us that he can't use magic as much as he wants or else his power will fail and he will die. We're therefore supposed to feel worried whenever he uses his magic because he's risking death... only I don't. Tsuchimikado uses magic constantly and yet he never dies. I think 15 and 19 are the only times he appears and doesn't use magic. Off the top of my head he's used magic 6 times, and yet he's still alive. Not only has it lost all effect it's starting to make me doubt the whole "espers can't use magic" part of the series. I mean if one character can do it with impunity why can't others?

I was actually really excited reading NT7 because I was hoping Tsuchimikado would finally die. Which is weird because I like Tsuchimikado. I just think enoughs enough.
He said that 6 times is his limit the first time I think, maximum. So he's probably stuck right now unless he figures something else out to fix his situation. He's useless as a spy to both sides now... so... he's just going to be protected by Touma from now on, I guess... he can use guns though.

I like him as a character too, but I really didn't think he had to die. He could just suffer more than he has had to suffer anyway. I don't actually see why his power wouldn't be able to cure him more than 6 times, it isn't like him using magic should affect him more each and every time in succession should it? I feel like his power is just unreliable which is why his being healed is risky. If he could increase his esper level of power (maybe he already has) he could use it more times. It is highly possible he has increased in level, has he had a system scan at all, recently? I don't think he did, actually. If he can increase his powers as an esper, he can use magic again I guess.
Spoiler:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote